Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rainy days are here again, hey!

Our short week of gorgeous days has passed. Back to the grey and rainy days of early spring. Yes, that's right spring. The first day of spring arrived beautiful, warm, breezy. How often in New Hampshire does the first day of spring actually feel like spring? Not very often. Two years ago, the first day of spring (My wedding day!) was NOT warm by any stretch of imagination. And besides it being about 15 below, it was very windy. Good thing our wedding was inside!

But speaking of spring, pretty soon things will be blooming. Already I have seen some daffodils unfurl their glory. Which means spring greens will be poking up...And I fully intend to be out foraging them when they do. Dandelions and nettles, chives, too, perhaps. And I'll be planting this year too. I have some seeds I've saved and now is the time to plant! Peppers, cantaloupe and something else...
And maybe the geraniums I planted last year will come back! Does anyone know if those are perennials?

For now I'm very happy to be spending inside time with the rain outside. As an early birthday present my mother-in-law got me an ice cream maker. Ohmygosh I'm so excited to try it out. I'm about to develop a papaya ice cream recipe. But first I have to clean my kitchen. he hee. Better get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...