Friday, May 13, 2011

Dandelion update

Well, it's dandelion season and I've been all of a flutter gathering them and making all sorts of delicious things; from ice cream to pesto. Dandelions are one of the most amazing and useful herbs I've ever met. They really don't get the respect they deserve. I think I'm going to do a little series this coming week on the many things you can do with dandelions, leaves and blossoms. I know the roots are packed with all kinds of good stuff too but I haven't actually done anything with those yet.

Anyway, the weather is blissful and I can't keep my mind on a thing except that I want to be outside. Reading, eating, sleeping, sewing....anything I can do outside these days I try to. I also have some really good refashion bits to update, but since I'm not on my computer I can nary do a thing because I haven't got any photos on here.

I'll get my computer back up and running soon and be on top of this blog again. Right now, I need to go and bask in a grassy meadow while I eat and finish reading The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kitteredge. It has a great storyline. So fascinating and original that I can forgive the sloppy writing and poor character development....Plus, it's steampunk and that in itself is enthralling.
Anyone else out there a fan of steampunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...