Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Short update...

Hurrah for my first photo on this blog. I couldn't help myself, I picked some forsythia. They looked great with my springly-floral skirt.

Spring is too beautiful. I don't know what else to say.
Today the day was stormy and sunny by turns. As though the weather just could not make up its mind. The past few days were quite warm and sunny and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I've been taking walks in the woods and attempting some foraging. But mostly, I just sit on the picnic bench outside our apartment building and read in the sweet sunshine. Every time we get one of these warm spells, the returning cold feels colder and colder. Though if it had been 50 degrees a month and a half ago, it would have been considered quite warm. Strange how our bodies adapt to temperatures. It's all relative really.
Now I must apologize for my lack of bloggi-ness lately. I felt intimidated by my last post. I kept thinking "I'll just wait until I have some magical spring-time recipe to post and then I'll write." Well, I have some. I've been working hard on that list of problems. I've been writing stuff down (almost) faithfully, my pictures are improving and once I almost followed a recipe without changing it. Maybe one day I'll have a chance to write all about it, but I made Dandelion icecream. And it was fantastic. I loved it. My own recipe too! I'm so proud.
But remember? This was going to be a "short" update. It's very nearly 1:30 in the morning here, so I had better be going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...